BSI PAS 68 CRASH TESTED as a single bollard to stop a 3,306 lb. vehicle traveling at 30 mph.
BSI PAS 68 CRASH TESTED as a single bollard (K4 Type) to stop a 16,534 lb. vehicle traveling at 30 mph.
Anti-Ram Solution With Style
BSI PAS 68 CRASH TESTED as a single bollard (K4 Type) to stop a 16,534 lb. vehicle traveling at 30 mph with "0" penetration.
BSI PAS 68 CRASH TESTED as a single bollard (K8 Type) to stop a 16,534 lb. vehicle traveling at 40 mph.
BSI PAS 68 CRASH TESTED as a single bollard (K12 Type) to stop a 16,534 lb. vehicle traveling at 50 mph.
IWA 14-1:2013 CRASH TESTED as a single bollard (K12 Type) to stop a 15,873 lb. vehicle traveling at 50 mph.
IWA 14 CRASH TESTED as a single bollard (K4 Type) to stop a 15,873 lb. vehicle traveling at 30 mph.
Shallow Mount Crash Bollards
The Tymetal Corp. line of crash barriers includes the most functional and easiest to install shallow mount vehicle bollards in the market today. These perimeter security solutions are designed to protect commercial property, airports, energy producing sites, government buildings and military installations from vehicle-based terrorist attacks or unintentional collisions. Anti-Ram bollards also offer protection to people in outdoor settings such as major thoroughfares in high profile cities or at major events.
Crash Protection bollard product offerings range from the Car Stopper (TSB-Car), designed to stop a 3,306 lb. car traveling at 30 mph to the Truck Stopper series that can stop a 16,534 lb. truck traveling at up to 50 mph. All contain a flexible steel core structure and unique technology for optimal stopping power. If impacted the bollard core flexes subtly, thereby directing much of the vehicle’s energy back into the vehicle, allowing for smaller shallow mount foundations. This means that installation is easier and less expensive. In many instances if the bollard system is impacted you only need to replace the bollard cover/shroud, not the entire bollard and footing system. saving you money in the long run.
Understanding Vehicle Bollard Crash Ratings
All Tymetal bollard systems have been crash tested to British BSI PAS 68 or IWA standards. Alternative rating systems most commonly referenced include:
- Department of State (DOS) ratings are no longer officially used, but are still frequently referenced in the industry. The Department of Defense created the ‘K’ ratings (K4, K8, K12) which are based on the impact speed that the bollard can successfully stop a 15,000 lb. vehicle traveling at speeds of 30, 40 and 50 mph. For example, a K12 crash bollard could stop a 15,000 lb. vehicle traveling at a speed of 50 mph.
- ASTM F 2656 crash ratings are currently used in the U.S. The standard measures both speed and penetration. The vehicle size for a medium-duty truck remains 15,000 lbs. Tests are also conducted at 30, 40 and 50 mph. Test results are identified as M30, M40 and M50. A “P” designation is provided to describe penetration after impact (P1, P2, P3 and P4). The larger the P designation the greater the penetration.
For assistance choosing the correct crash-rated bollard for your application, contact Tymetal Corp. directly.
The Exclusive North American Supplier of Safetyflex Crash Bollards
Tymetal Corp. is proud to be the exclusive North American supplier of Safetyflex crash tested bollards and protective barrier systems. Safetyflex is a U.K. based company that produces high-security crash tested bollards and barriers that architects, engineers and facility owners favor worldwide for perimeter protection. Safetyflex PAS 68 crash tested barriers can be found at airports, military bases, power stations, sports stadiums, parks and other facilities where security and safety is paramount. Safetyflex provides a wide range of products and related information on their web site. Click this link to learn more about SafetyFlex.
High-Security Metal Bollards Featuring Patented Design
Safetyflex crash tested bollards feature a revolutionary patented spring steel design that enables them to absorb extreme amounts of impact with a shallow foundation. The special spring action flex technology redirects much of the vehicle’s energy (upon impact) back into the vehicle instead of the foundation. Even after impact the bollards usually remain level and plumb, requiring just a replacement cover/shroud to be back in service.
Talk to an Expert
Many competing manufacturers of security bollards must rely on several unattractive bollards or deep foundations in order to pass crash tests. In comparison, a single aesthetically-pleasing Safetyflex bollard with a decorative cover is capable of standing up to extreme crash conditions even without a deep mounting. And given the shallow depth footings, also provide significant savings on the cost of installation.
K4 Crash Rated Bollards
- Truckstopper 6-30 Removable or Fixed Bollard: The Truckstopper 6-30 bollard system is a K4 Type bollard that is PAS 68 crash tested to stop a vehicle that is 16,534 pounds traveling at 30 mph. It provides protection from car accidents and medium-duty trucks. Typical applications include government facilities, conference centers and commercial and municipal buildings.
- Truckstopper 3 Fixed Bollard: The Truckstopper 3 model has similar features to the Truckstopper 6-30, with zero penetration impact from medium-duty trucks and vehicle collisions. It is a K4 type and similar to ASTM standards F2656 M30-P1.
- Truckstopper 10-30 Surface Mount Bollard: The Truckstopper 10-30 is a K4-type bollard system.
K8 Crash Rated Bollards
- Truckstopper 7-40 Removable or Fixed Bollard: The Truckstopper 7-40 is one of the strongest bollards in the Truckstopper series. It is a PAS 68 crash-tested K8-type bollard that can stop a vehicle weighing 16,534 pounds and traveling at 40 mph. Popular applications include airports, municipal, government buildings and critical infrastructure.
K12 Crash Rated Bollards
- Truckstopper 9 Removable or Fixed Bollard: The Truckstopper 9 is a compact, highly durable bollard that can stop a vehicle weighing 15,873 pounds traveling at 50 mph. This K12-type crash protection bollard offers a combination of strength and affordability ideal for enhanced perimeter security.
- Truckstopper 5 Removable or Fixed Bollard: The Truckstopper 5 is a K12-type bollard system crash tested to stop a 16,534-pound vehicle traveling at 50 mph. It is an ideal choice along main thoroughfares where a threat assessment advises a 50mph speed, for embassies, government facilities and other high-security applications.
Other Crash-Resistant Bollards
- Universal Slimline Planter 40: This stylish crash bollard can stop a 7.5 metric ton vehicle (about 16,500 lbs) moving at 40 mph. It’s rated to PAS68 standards and is an aesthetic solution for any public area or facility that needs an anti-ram solution.
- Carstopper 30 Removable or Fixed Bollard: The Carstopper 30 model is a PAS 68 crash-tested bollard system that can stop a 3,306-pound vehicle traveling at 30 mph. It is ideal for sites such as parks, banks, lobby entrances and retail stores.
All of our Bollards ship complete and include: Rebar, Civils (except concrete), Core Steel and an appealing 316L stainless steel cover. You can install all of our anti-ram bollards quickly and with ease, so you can have your protection in place right away.
Award-Winning Safetyflex Security Bollards Were Used at the 2012 Olympics
The combination of cutting-edge technology and aesthetic appeal made Safetyflex security bollards the choice for protecting sites at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London from vehicle attacks and terrorist threats. These state-of-the-art PAS 68 bollards also resulted in Safetyflex being the proud recipient of the innovation award at the 2013 National Business Awards in the U.K.
The Tymetal Corp. Advantage
Tymetal Corp. has been offering a host of innovative security barrier solutions for more than 25 years. We’re proud to be your single source capable of designing, manufacturing and providing K-rated bollards and complete gate/operator systems. In addition to our broad selection of shallow bollards, we can even offer custom gate solutions for unusual security situations.
Our anti-ram bollards, crash-rated fences, gate systems and security fences are backed by the best customer service in the industry. Tymetal Corp. security bollard experts will assist you before, during and after your purchase to ensure you’re completely satisfied with your investment.
Feel free to browse our wide range of valuable design resources for many of our products. You’ll find detailed information on crash rated bollards, as well as a complete line of crash rated gates and vehicle barrier systems.
Contact Us to Learn More About Our Shallow Mount Bollards
To learn more about our crash rated bollards or to get a price on removable bollards or shallow mount bollards contact us today. As a premier bollard supplier, Tymetal Corp. will satisfy all of your security perimeter needs!
View Our Other Bollard Products