Double Clear Openings up to 60'
Double Clear Openings up to 80’
Double Clear Openings up to 120’
If you’re an architect, facility owner, engineer or anyone else looking for the best possible commercial sliding gate, trust that Tymetal Corp. has you covered. We design and manufacture the most extensive line of perimeter security gates and electric gate operator systems for the commercial/industrial and correctional markets. With over 35 years in the industry, we’ve built a proud reputation for offering the heavy-duty electric sliding gates you’re searching for. And we’re backed by the highest level of customer service.
Read on to learn more about the cantilever gate systems we offer, and get in touch with one of our knowledgeable representatives today for additional information on commercial cantilever gates.
Cantilever Chain Link Gate Applications
Wondering if a cantilever gate is the right choice for your project, application or environment? The cantilever gate design is counter-balanced to allow the gate to smoothly slide out in a linear motion, closing an opening beyond its vertical support. It’s the perfect solution in environments where a large opening is necessary. Industrial sliding security gate systems are ideal for locations ranging from airports, railroads and municipal authorities to commercial facilities, chemical plants and border stations.
Advantages of choosing an automatic sliding cantilever chain link gate over a swing gate include:
- Safer operation with less chance of the gate interfering or making contact with vehicles or objects
- Lower overall costs with an automated gate design that eliminates the need for additional operators
- Reduced maintenance and upkeep as a sliding gate path is easier to keep clean of debris and clear in snow
Features of Tymetal Cantilever Gates
Our line of durable cantilever gates is designed to close single openings up to 60 feet. When doubled, it will open up to 120 feet, making it a versatile solution for a wide variety of applications. Features and benefits of our cantilever gate products include:
- Designed and built to order – suiting your specific project needs
- Top track and top gate frame member are keyed to fully interlock with each other, then welded to form a one-piece composite structure
- Stainless steel or galvanized cable cross-bracing along the entire gate length
- We provide double or single track cantilever gates depending on your project’s requirements
- Truck assemblies are designed for slide gate use and are tested under extreme load and weather conditions
- Enjoy a 5-year warranty on the W4 or S8 truck assemblies is standard
- Self-aligning, sealed lubricant ball bearing wheels
- Supplied with gap protectors and guide roller covers to protect against entrapment
View Cantilever Gate Specifications
Tymetal Corp. Has the Best Cantilever Sliding Gate for Your Business
At Tymetal Corp., we offer several types of cantilever gates to suit your operational needs and meet industry standards. What makes our cantilevered sliding gates the best security gate solution is our high standards for lasting performance, strength and heavy-duty use.
Tymetal Corp. offers four standard varieties of cantilevered custom slide gates including:
- Heavy duty cantilevered gate: Our heavy duty cantilevered gate system is designed to provide unsurpassed rigidity and stability in a variety of operating conditions for openings to 30’. Four-wheel ball-bearing truck assemblies have been thoroughly tested and designed for use in extreme load and weather conditions.
- Structural cantilevered gate: Tymetal Corp.’s durable cantilevered gate design features a double track system that can accommodate openings as large as 40’ (80′ for doubles). Semi-enclosed extruded aluminum alloy tracks provide reliable operation and optimal security in heavy use situations.
- Box frame cantilevered gate: Tymetal Corp.’s box cantilever gates are an excellent choice for closing enclosures up to 60’ wide (120′ doubles). The box structure is most effective at resisting wind and gravity. Our box frame construction cantilever gate design features steel cabling and more aluminum support materials than any other product on the market today.
- Fortress ornamental cantilever gate: The fortress ornamental sliding gate provides exceptional security along with an attractive finish. They feature frames and pickets fabricated out of aluminum alloy extrusions and can be manufactured with convex or concave configurations.
Get a free quote >>
Cantilever Gate Frequently Asked Questions
Tymetal has been designing, manufacturing and installing cantilever sliding gates for over 30 years. In that time we’ve also been asked hundreds of questions about our industry-leading gates. We’ve provided some of the most commonly asked questions below. If your question is covered on this page feel free to call our experts or fill out our contact form so we can answer your question!
What’s the Difference Between Cantilever Gates and Sliding Gates?
Cantilever gates and sliding/roller gates are just different types of slide gates. The main difference is that cantilever gates don’t touch the ground. They are held above the ground and move along cantilever rollers that are located on the top and inside of the fence. Cantilever gates also feature a built-in counterbalance. This increases the weight and length of the gate, allows them to extend further, and makes them more suitable for larger openings. Lastly, cantilever gates have an interlocked one-piece structure that has fewer maintenance requirements than conventional roller-sliding chain link gates.
Roller/Sliding gates, on the other hand, only have wheels on the bottom track of the gate. The rolling gate itself is positioned on top of these wheels and rolls across the ground beneath them to move.
While cantilever gates require more room than swing gates or vertical lift gates, they are often a unit that’s safer, more secure, more reliable and easier to use.
Learn more about cantilever gates vs roller gates.
Can Cantilever Gates Be Motorized?
All Tymetal Corp. chain-link gates and crash fences can be motorized for your convenience. We can match any gate system with an automatic slide gate operator that will deliver reliable performance with low maintenance requirements. We also offer a number of access control systems that simplify entry and exit, saving your security team time and effort.
What Are the Different Parts of a Cantilever Gate System?
Compared to swinging gates, cantilever gates take up less space thanks to a series of cantilever rollers on the top and inside of the gate. When installing a sliding cantilever gate system, you will want to ensure the following elements suit the gate’s purpose and are installed correctly for proper function:
- Gate posts
- Gate frames
- Rollers and wheels
- Infill materials
- Structural materials
- Supports and trusses
- Electronics and hardware for automated systems
What Factors Should I Consider When Buying a Cantilever Gate?
When choosing your cantilever gate, consider factors such as:
- Elevations: A cantilever gate must stay on level ground for proper performance, as a sliding gate installed on an incline will slide downhill. The installer should set up the gate at least two inches above the highest elevation in your gated area.
- Storage: The space you reserve for your cantilever gate should include room for the counterbalance or the additional length of the gate that goes past the opening length.
- Infill type: A cantilever gate’s infill material, such as aluminum or steel, determine its suitability for protective and decorative purposes.
- Single or double-track configuration: Cantilever gates with openings 27 feet wide or shorter can use an economical single-track configuration. Meanwhile, cantilever gates with openings wider than 27 feet generally should have a double-track setup for better stability.
- Opening width: Your cantilever gate’s opening width will determine the type of frame it will need to work properly.
- Gate height: While not as important as your gate’s opening width, your cantilever gate’s height will also influence your gate’s overall structure. Height affects the gate’s wind load, determining what infill materials, hardware and supports you need to use.
- Gate weight: Most cantilever gate weights don’t exceed 2,000 pounds. When a gate does weigh more than a ton, the installer will need to consider track layouts, truss design, supports and other elements that maintain its structural integrity.
Options in Ornamental Sliding Gates
Tymetal also offers a variety of options in ornamental cantilever gates that provide optimal security along with an attractive design and finish. Frames and pickets are fabricated from aluminum alloy extrusions with Internal, External, Flat-Top or Smashed Point styles available. Ornamental sliding gates also come in convex or concave configurations, with a choice of milled aluminum or baked-on powder coating in standard or custom colors. These additional options help bring your aesthetic vision to life.
Where Can I Find Slide Gate Drawings & Design Specs?
Tymetal offers a complete range of services before, during and after the sale of our cantilever slide gate systems. Whether you’re in the market for structural, box frame or heavy duty sliding gates, we provide complete specs and slide gate CAD drawings. Visit our cantilever slide gate drawings and specs page to choose the solutions that are right for you.
Are Automatic Cantilever Slide Gates Available?
In addition to delivering the heaviest track and gate frame combination in the industry, Tymetal also offers fully automatic cantilever gate systems. We provide a variety of options in automatic slide gates and operator systems matched to your specific project requirements. From the TIGER Gate System with double clear openings up to 80 feet to the TYM HYD B Box Frame Gate System with double clear openings up to 120 feet, we offer a broad range of automatic slide gate designs. Visit our gate operator systems page for more information on the full selection available for a cantilever gate system.
Which is Better: an Aluminum Cantilever Gate or a Steel Cantilever Gate?
Steel is corrosive and aluminum is not. Even galvanized steel can rust in some areas. Aluminum, however, is protected by a thin layer of its natural corrosion properties, aluminum oxide. The aluminum oxide is a natural, rust-resistant shield. Aluminum gates also benefit from an enclosed truck and trolley that provides protection from debris, dirt, and any other elements. Aluminum gate hardware is a better long-term investment than steel.
Why Choose Tymetal for a Heavy Duty Cantilever Gate System?
We’re a recognized industry pioneer in producing custom-fabricated cantilever slide gates and matched access control systems. When you purchase commercial-grade sliding gates from us, you gain the support of a dedicated partner with the experience to deliver a system designed to meet the specific requirements of today’s most demanding customers.
When it comes to closing openings, trust Tymetal Corp. Contact us today for more information about our cantilever gate systems or give us a call at 888-978-4283 to receive guidance on which gate works best for your needs.
Page Updated on 12/8/2020